Although it may seem like here in the U.S. water is in abundant supply, only about 3.5 percent of the Earth’s water is available fresh water that falls from the sky and moves into our streams, rivers, lakes, and groundwater. The other 96.5 percent comes from our oceans. Unfortunately, water waste has created a situation […]
Even though you probably don’t notice your septic system all that often, it’s working for you each and every day. Whether this is your primary or secondary residence, or even own it as rental property on the Outer Banks, getting to know your septic tank helps it work like a well-oiled machine. Maintaining your septic […]
The plumbing system in your home has a number of water shut-off valves that control the flow of water from pipes that run through the house. These valves let you turn the water off in the case of an emergency, when repairs need to be made, or when your home will be vacant for a […]
Preventing plumbing problems begins with the home owner. Monitoring the condition of your pipes and plumbing, along with the performance of appliances and other equipment will save you big dollars in the long run. Check out this plumbing infographic for our top 5 tips!
Chances are at least once in your lifetime you’re going to be faced with a clogged drain. It happens. Whether it’s the shower drain, toilet, or kitchen sink, plumbing drains get clogged for one reason or another. Period. The good news is that for most run-of-the-mill clogs, you don’t have to spend a lot of […]