It gets cold on the Outer Banks, freezing cold! Some folks believe that it is too warm to freeze here, this is a misconception. It can and does freeze in these areas, that is why we highly recommend winterizing your home for the winter months. We offer winterizing for plumbing systems.
Winterizing plumbing systems:
- Shut off water supply (where applicable: water meter, cut off box).
- Shut down energy to water (or heaters).
- Connect air compressor to blow out all water and drain the water heater.
- Continue purging water from rest of system through sinks, toilets, tub/showers, outdoor showers, spigots and appliances.
- Follow up with a heavy dose of non-toxic wintering fluid in all toilets, sinks, tubs and showers. We also treat washing machines and dishwashers as they can hold water.
- Cut heat off or set to 55 degrees (we recommend some conditioning).
A little protection goes along way. Protect your plumbing system and household today.
Call us today for pricing! (252) 441-9992